Saturday 1 September 2012

One last Ode to Summer...

September 1st.
I'm sure many people look at this date and exclaim, "Where did summertime go???"
Because as much as Autumn officially begins 21 days from now, September 1st unofficially marks the descent of Summer and the anticipation of Fall....

But before I gear myself for football talk, school talk and the never ending complaints of the inevitable rain that will soon drench us, I'd like to dwell on Summer a little longer...

Years ago, I thought the definition of a wonderful summer meant;
lavish vacations
dinners on restaurant patios
never ending parties
sun soaked jogs along the seawall
and a decent paycheck to support all of the above...

Well it turns out the definition of a good summer means doing anything really,
 as long as you have amazing people around you.

I was not lacking in the amazing people department this year...
More specifically, I was not lacking in the amazing boyfriend department.

And while I don't have the blog posts to prove it, you can trust me when I say
we had a wonderful* summer.

Xox

*That's right, I italicised the word "wonderful". 
  Our Summer was just that** good.

**That's right, I italicised the word "that".
    I was emphasizing my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment