Thursday 24 November 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Absence can make the heart grow fonder, but it also makes the mind go crazy.  I suppose it's a double edged sword we all have held at least once in our lives.  This past summer I went on vacation with my family to the Sunshine Coast (if you have never been there, go).  It was beautiful, peaceful and I would go back in a second.  Unfortunately, my boyfriend didn't come with us, and as the age old adage goes...my heart grew fonder.  But what this tried and true saying doesn't mention is that absence can also make the mind go crazy.

While on vacation, my family consumed a hefty amount of liquor (responsibly, of course). Every evening we went to the town liquor store to grab wine for dinner, and beers for the beach.  And every evening, guess what wine bottles were staring me in the face?


I don't know how I spotted these wine bottles, but I did.  And everytime I went into this liquor store... I could swear they were taunting me! It's as if the world knew I missed my boyfriend, and through perfectly printed labels on bottles of wine, it wanted to rub it in just a little more.

Crazy? Yeah. But that's what happens sometimes; and its a shame there's no good quote for it.

2 comments:

  1. I just brought that wine to a dinner party the other day. If you were drinking it, I must have made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. megs! I never actually bought the wine! You'll have to tell me if it was good or not lol.

    ReplyDelete