Thursday 10 November 2011

Food > Flowers



I adore flowers. I love the smell of them, the look of them, the complexity and simplicity of them.  But despite my subtle (or not so subtle) hints, pleads and guilt trips, I have never received flowers from the bf.  I've created reasons in my head as to why he would never bring me any:
Maybe he's embarrassed to go buy flowers? 
Maybe he thinks they are a waste of money?
Whatever the reason, the vases in my home remain empty.  What has never been empty however, is my stomach.  No, I don't get a pretty bouquet of peonies.. But I do get loaves of bread dropped off at my doorstep.  I am the recipient of delicious desserts, home made lunches and whenever I'm thirsty a glass of juice is never far away.  The fact is, I can survive without beautiful flowers, but my sweet-tooth wouldn't last a day without a pastry!

Turns out, I'd take food over flowers any day; I guess my boyfriend already knew that...

No comments:

Post a Comment